Field trips are an important part of enriching your child’s educational experience. The Richardson Home School Association understands this and we strive to provide a variety of field trips to help support you in your goals of providing a robust education that will prepare your child for the future.
New List Released Each Semester
RHSA field trips are divided into two semesters: Fall and Spring. Fall field trips will be announced at the beginning of the fall semester, which runs from September through December. Spring field trips will be announced at the beginning of the spring semester, which runs from January through May.
Field trips are listed chronologically by the date of each trip. It is important to pay particular attention to the deadline dates listed for each field trip. Please allow enough time for your registration to be received by the deadline. The deadline date is also the point at which you will not be able to cancel without forfeiting the cost of the trip. If you cancel prior to the deadline date, the coordinator will destroy your check and remove your family from the sign-up sheet and grant a family from the wait list an opportunity to attend.
Please be aware that many of the field trips have a limited number of spots and will fill quickly. It is very possible the trip will fill up prior to the registration deadline. We cannot guarantee or save a spot without registration and payment. Please complete registration as soon as possible. Thank you!
Sign Up Procedures
- Completely fill out the information on the registration form. One form per field trip. One check payable to “RHSA” per field trip.
a) Stop by the Field Trip Registration table in the social hall at co-op on the announced dates. Registration forms will be available at the table on these days.
b) Place your completed forms and checks payable to “RHSA” for the correct amount in the field trips box at the committee tables. One check per field trip.
- Field Trip Coordinators will provide you with information via email at least 1-2 weeks before your field trip regarding arrival time, parking, special rules and educational materials if they are available. Please check your email the morning of the field trip for any last minute changes. Timely arrival is a must as some Field Trips do not allow late entry. If you have not heard from your coordinator, please contact them directly.
Sick Child Policy
In order to help all of our children maintain good health, we ask all of our member families to observe the
following guidelines when it comes to attending field trips:
– No fever within the previous 24 hours
– No vomiting and/or diarrhea within the previous 24 hours
– No symptoms of childhood diseases (scarlet fever, measles, mumps, chicken pox, whooping cough,
– No runny nose with any colored discharge
– No excessive coughing
– No sore throat
– No unexplained rash
– No pink eye
– No head lice (child should be free of all nits)
If your child is being treated with antibiotics, he or she should have received treatment for at least 24 hours
before accompanying you on a field trip.